International Women’s Day is held on March 8th every year. It’s a day when we celebrate the amazing social, cultural, economic and political achievements of women.
So what can you do to celebrate International Women’s Day? Here are 9 great local ideas to get you started.
- Women of Windsor Winter Social (February 28th at Fourteen Restaurant & Sky Lounge). In celebration of International Women’s Day, Women of Windsor is opening the floor to those who wish to share what they have planned for 2019 and/or what they accomplished in 2018. DETAILS
- Women of Windsor: Inside the Minds of Female Leaders (March 7th at Water’s Edge Event Centre) The University of Windsor EPICentre will be hosting an International Women’s Day panel discussion. The evening will feature a seated dinner followed by a panel discussion with some of Windsor’s fearless female leaders and finally a question and answer period from our audience. Ticket options include “Ticket and Windsor’s Future is Female” t-shirt for only $45. DETAILS
- Windsor’s Unsung Female Heroes presented by Hotel-Dieu Grace Healthcare Changing Lives Together Foundation (March 8th at Windsor Yacht Club). For International Women’s Day, gather the female heroes in your life and join HDGH at Windsor Yacht Club for delicious hor d’oeuvres and dinner. The evening will be emceed by another impressive woman, CTV Windsor‘s Michelle Maluske. DETAILS
- South Essex Community Council presents International Women’s Day (March 8, 2019 at the Leamington Lebanese Club) A night of celebrating women’s achievements. Speakers include: Mayor Hilda MacDonald (of Leamington), Professor Gemma Smyth (Associate Dean of the Faculty of Law, University of Windsor) & Constable Cealia Gagnon (Windsor Police Service) DETAILS.
- Women’s EXPO: Empowering Workshops & Free Vendors Market (March 8th at Pelee Island Winery). The inaugural Women’s Expo hosted by The Female Solopreneur Community will celebrate and honour the contributions to our economy & society by our local female entrepreneurs and side hustlers – the ones who are making a difference with their continued dedication to following their hearts and pursuing their passions. DETAILS
- International’s Women Day Gala 2019 (March 8th at St. Clair Centre for the Arts) presented by Women’s Enterprise Skills Training of Windsor Inc. DETAILS.
- Concert for Hope (March 8th at Water’s Edge Event Centre) Music by women composers for flute and strings. Celebrating music’s tremendous power to create hope for a better world. A benefit for Warrior Women Against Poverty in Detroit and Welcome Centre Shelter for Women in Windsor. Reception to follow with MIAM French Crêpes and Koolini Italian Eatery. Cash bar. DETAILS
- Women With Drive Summit (March 9th and 10th at Water’s Edge)
Taking action is the first step to living a fulfilled and abundant life. Breakthrough old beliefs, habits and be inspired, by attending the Women with Drive 2-Day Experience. DETAILS
- Pass the Torch: Regional Women Leaders Share their Advice (March 11th Detroit) with Windsor panelist, Leigh Ann Hello, Vice President, The Cabinet Studio
The Detroit Regional Chamber is hosting the inaugural International Women’s Day Lunch on Monday, March 11 at the Detroit Golf Club. At this event, a panel of regional women business leaders will discuss their strategies for success and answer the question “What does it mean to lead with purpose?”. DETAILS.
- Spread the Word on Social Media. The International Women’s Day 2019 campaign theme of #BalanceforBetter is a call-to-action for driving gender balance across the world. How will you help make a difference? Share your ideas using #IWD2019 and #BalanceforBetter. DETAILS.
Featured Photo: Members of the Women in Trades Dream Team pose for a group photo at the Ram Tough Truck Pull for United Way Windsor and Essex County in downtown Windsor, Sunday, September 25, 2016. Dax Melmer / Windsor Star